Random Thoughts and Advice From Our RV Trip
August 27, 2015 0 Comments
- We live in a beautiful country. I really loved seeing the different landscapes in all the various states we visited. Everything was beautiful in its own unique way.
- The RV performed great! Other than some minor tire trouble, it performed flawlessly and we couldn't have asked for a better RV for the family.
- I wish we would've done a family photo when our trip was over. It would have showed us all shouting at each other with our hands around each other's necks (can you imagine it?). It would be a great before and after with the nice photos we had done before our trip.
- We loved the trip and had a great time, but after 8 weeks in an RV with 3 young children, we were ready to call it quits.
- No matter your gender, I HIGHLY recommend sitting down to pee in the RV bathroom while you're floating bouncing down the highway.
- If you ever take an RV trip, make sure your tires have metal valve stems and that the valve stem extensions do not leak. You'll save yourself a lot of hassle.
- Don't take your RV to downtown Philadelphia.
- KOA's and Good Sams are great, but to save money, look for state parks. They have much cheaper campgrounds (like 1/3 the price!) with many of the same amenities.
- We wish we would've bought the same mattress for us that we bought for the kids. They have one of those memory foam mattresses. Ours was a spring mattress with a pillow top - comfortable, but not as comfy as the memory foam.
- We sold the RV about a week after we returned home. With our fourth child coming in a few months, we won't be RV'ing for a while. Check out the photos below if you want to see what it looked like.